My journey at Nivarana so far...

Nivarana for India is a Public Health(PH) Platform that aims to make health services equitable with advocacy and encouragement of discussions about PH issues among people and physicians.

Its been a pleasure working with Nivarana. I joined as a social media intern and a graphic designer and now  I am social media manager and video editor. Its been about four months already and I feel like I joined yesterday.

The major things I love about Nivarana are:

  • All of the articles are written by people with their first hand experiences and not some kind of review of a scenario. This gives authenticity to the articles and you get to feel the emotions of the writer.
  • Editors make sure there is no plagiarism and AI generated content in the submissions.
  • The planning and scheduling of the publications are flexible.
  • All of the graphics on the website are original.
  • Nivarana organises webinars to discuss major PH issues.
  • Nivarana has a special column called Illustrating PH where illustrated comics on PH are published.
I made right choice when I sent an Instagram dm, asking if I could join their team as a graphic designer. I sent in my previous work and joined the team. Everyone in the team is soo kind and welcoming. They encourage me to work on my vague ideas and critic them to show me the right direction. It has been a great opportunity to develop my skills and grow as a graphic designer. I've improved my layout design and usage of typography. I've upped my color game by trying out various color palettes to match with the vibe of the article and website's color palette. Learnt how to work as a team by integrating various inputs into the design, managing time and scheduling tasks using google sheets.
So far I made the following graphics for articles published on Nivarana.org

Longer and Longer. A poem on Alzheimer's Disease
Spurious drugs
Rethinking Mental Health
Dichotomy of Bolna

Can Investment In Public Health Improve Health In India?


A lot more to go!!

Post a Comment

0 Comments